Day 64 to 69: Camping in Moliets

For five days I have now stayed in Moliets without diong any cycling.

On the first day I was just tired and relaxed, not doing anything much. The first time since a few weeks. Since there where no waves anyway, surfing was impossible and I did not mind that at all.

Following this a daily occurance was playing volleyball in the late afternoon. Since I haven't played volleyball since school, I needed some time to get into it, but from the second day on we got at least some decent rallies going on.

Since waves proved to be elusive we went kayaking on Saturday instead. Near Leon is a lake and stream that allowed for a nice tour. The stream is mostly in the shadows of trees which makes ist quite pleasant during the hot hours of the day.


Despite the forcast not being a lot better there were some waves on Sunday. We rented boards and after some instructions from Frederik and some practice on the beach I went surfing for the first time.

Which was fun. I managed the catch quite a few waves. Standing up on the board was only possible for a few milliseconds before loosing balance, but what can you expect on a first try ;)

In the afternoon the waves were smaller and I was a bit fatigued which led to less successes.

On monday I had some sore muscels and wasn't all that deeply disapointed that the waves disappeared completely again. But Tuesday had some bigger waves and I was not able to even catch most of them, but still a fun (and wet) experience.

Now I am going to start cycling again. Along the Atlantic coast towards home. Hoping that the bike stays in one piece and looking forward to visiting some of the cities along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 85 + 86: Back Home

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany