Day 74: Rennes

To answer yesterdays question: This morning I decided to go straight north after crossing the Loire. 

A foggy lense creates a glowing ferry

Instead of using the cycling paths I went for the small roads. In France the shops are open until 12:30 on Sundays, so there was still some traffic in the morning, but later everything was really quiet and I could make some miles.

I didn't even expect to cycle 180 km and end up in Rennes, but since everything went so smoothly I decided to go there.

The scenery changed from completly flat at the start to small hills during the day. None of it being really spectacular.

Rennes is a very diverse city. When I arrived I saw some 70ies high rise buildings, followed by some buildings from the space age, followed by a street that looked like Liverpool and then some old classical buildings in the center. Sometimes at least an urban district has an homogeneous structure, sometimes a street it is a wild mix of different buildings. So if you don't like a part of the city, just walk a bit and the city will be different ;)

Sorry, I haven't taken any fotos while cycling through the city, since I was busy navigating.


Tomorrow I'll continue to Saint-Malo and then I'll start going eastward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 85 + 86: Back Home

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany