Day 75: Saint-Malot

This morning I started by slowly cycling through Rennes. The historic part of the city is actually quite nice:



When leaving Rennes I cycled through an endless row of furniture and kitchen stores. I have no idea how you can need so many of these in one street. If you want to, you can spend your whole holidays just looking at kitchen appliances in this street. But I guess I am not the target group. This is probably why somebody put up this ad:


The remaining way to Saint-Malot was easy cycling with a few hills.

Saint-Malot must be divided into three parts. The south-eastern part I cycled through first was annoying, full of cars and not very inviting. 

The old walled part is interesting to look at a lot better (but I wonder how you can live in this dark grey stone in a rainy November without getting depressed - in reality the stone was a lot darker than on the fotos).



The last part is the part along the bay. This is nice, but a bit too posh for my taste.

Leaving Sait-Malot I continued along the coast until I saw pink sails on the beach:

Sand yachts! So I stopped for a while to go land sailing. Unfortunately only on a predefined course, but for an hour this was ok. Getting used to steering with my feet took a moment, but after that it was a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I will continue dödeling along the coast in a general eastward direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 85 + 86: Back Home

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany