Day 76: Vire

This morning I spend a bit longer in my sleeping bag since the rain from the night had not subsided yet. After having a breafast cramped in my little tent I started cycling to Mount Saint Michel.


Since I have already been there I skipped walking over there and just continued onward after watching it from afar a bit.
The landscape in this area is pretty boring from my point of view. I was happy when it got more interesting when cycling east:


For the rest of the day I followed the EuroVelo 4 which is based on an old railway track in this section. The good thing is that this means no steep climbs. The climbs are a problem for me by now.
The second and third chainring from my cassette in the back are worn out (perhaps to be expected after 15.000 km in use) and will just slip when applying too much force. 
For going uphill I have now to go straight to the first gear (but no further because the chain will fall off). This works when I have some time to adjust gears, but not when I'm surprised by a change of grade.

I'm not sure if this has detoriated in the last few days or if the change in territory is the reason, but I had a lot more problems with this today. Because of this I decided not to follow the EuroVelo 4 to Cherbourg tomorrow. Instead I will use the more direct V333 to Bayeux and join the EuroVelo 4 later at the coast again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 85 + 86: Back Home

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany