Day 78: To the white cliffs

The day started with a very foggy morning. It was cold and laundry was wet again. This is becoming a problem. After a quick breakfast I started towards the "Pont de Normandie" to cross the Seine.

After the first climb out of the fog I saw some sun:


Then I descended into the fog again.

I had read about the Bridge that it was a motorway bridge with a bicycle lane. But I hadn't expected that this was literally true:


I made the "mistake" of using the foot path. The bicycle path is to the left. Right beside the motorway lanes and at most 120cm wide. One of the best mistakes I ever made. Even in my lane I could feel the wind gusts from the passing trucks. Still I was a bit anxious cycling between the trucks and the depth below (allthough everything was perfectly safe) and happy when I was on solid ground again.

The reward was a perfect road along the Seine sanctuary that nobody uses:

Cycling for 8 km I saw more trains (2) than cars (1).

The rest of todays 172 km was not very eventfull. I am happy that I had less problems with my gears. Dieppe is a a nice city and I am now on top of the white cliffs.

Tomorrow I'll continue along the coast. Probably on the EV4, BRouter would rather use the bigger road, but the part that I used today was no fun. This might be an option once the A16 runs in parallel and some of the traffic moves to the motorway.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 85 + 86: Back Home

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany