Day 79: Mers les Bains

The day started with some up and downs. Visiting a small village going down to sea level and then climbing the white cliffs again.

Spectators watching me climb

I almost decided to skip "Mers les Bains" in order to save one climb, but was very happy I did not.



There were many photographers taking pictures. Obviously other people were better informed what to expect than me.

Another nice place was the Bay de Somme where I made my lunch break:


After that followed a fast ride on a nice cycling path along the road, before streets and cycling paths got annoying fro Quend on. Streets with too many cars, cycling paths that constantly change the side of the road they are on... after 144 km I decided to stop before I got to Boulogne-sur-mer. 
This will be my first target tomorrow, followed by Calais and perhaps I will even make it to Belgium.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 85 + 86: Back Home

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany