Day 85 + 86: Back Home

That's it. I'm home again. I'll follow up with a post summarizing the tour later. This post is only about the last two days of my tour for now.

On day 85 I travelled from a camp site near Vechta to my parents place in Hamburg. Since I already now much of this area, there weren't many surpises. The weather reminded me of what living in Northern Germany is like ;)

Crossing the Weser

100m before the ferry accross the Elbe river I met another velomobile going the opposite direction. On the ferry I talked to another velomobile pilot. So within 10 minutes I met two velomobile pilots after going for more than 9500km and 85 days without meeting any (apart from the factory in Romania).

The rest of the day was spent getting a cup of tea, some food and catching up with my parents.

On day 86 I decided to join the "Fridays for future" protests in Hamburg before cycling home.

Many of the children there will be the ones primarily affected by the climate apocalypse. But they aren't even allowed to vote. If you can vote in tomorrows election(s) please help them have a future that is worth living.

To end on a positive note: While cycling Hamburgs streets I noticed that even in the short 3 months I was away at least 3 crossroads have restructured to better support cyclists. In Lüneburg a cycling street is now properly marked with large symbols on the street.

Change is happening, but we still need a lot more at an even faster pace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary

Day 84: Back in Germany